D-Blaze® fire retardant treated wood (FRTW) is available for interior applications where fire retardant construction materials are required by building codes. D-Blaze® treated lumber and plywood is highly effective in controlling the spread of flame and smoke caused by fire.
D-Blaze® treated products show no evidence of significant progressive combustion at 30 minutes exposure to flame. In most applications, D-Blaze® treated products offer a lower in-place cost than noncombustible classified materials.
- UL® Classified with FR-S Rating
- Compliant with IBC 2009 and IRC 2009
- Very Low Smoke rating
- No VOC’s or Formaldehyde
- Workable with common wood working tools
- 50-Year Limited Warranty
D-Blaze® treated wood products are:
- Compliant with major model building codes (2009 IBC & IRC).
- Tested and certified by Underwriters Laboratories® (UL).
- Quality Control assured by third-party inspection agencies such as TP, SPIB and UL.
- UL® classified with an FR-S rating for the species listed in Table 5. Exhibits a flame spread and smoke developed index of 25 or less under ASTM E 84 flame tunnel testing of a 30-minute duration without evidence of significant progression combustion. D-Blaze has one of the lowest smoke ratings in the industry.
- Exhibits a flame spread index of 25 or less when subjected to ASTM E 84 flame tunnel testing of 30-minute duration without evidence of significant progressive combustion.
- Tested for hygroscopicity in accordance with ASTM D 3201, resulting in classification as an interior Type A (HT) fire-retardant wood as defined in AWPA Standards P50, U1, UCFA.
- Protected by a 50-Year Limited Warranty.