TREATMENT - Dura Pine CCA (Climbing Additive)
DuraPine (Climbing Additive) poles are treated with a refined hydrocarbon oil emulsion in the outer layer of the pole following treatment with CCA. The viscous oil emulsion serves as a lubricant, making the pole easier to climb and to work on without affecting the preservative properties of the CCA treatment.
DuraPine (Climbing Additive) benefits:
- RUS (formerly REA) approved.
- The longevity of CCA-treated wood - resistance to termites and fungal decay for decades.
- Excellent climbing characteristics confirmed by numerous field-climbing trials on both new and aged poles.
- Eliminates need for future groundline remedial treatment, since fixation of CCA virtually eliminates preservative migration.
- Eliminates need to rotate poles during storage because of the emulsion's high viscosity.
- Easier to saw, drill and nail into than regular CCA poles because the emulsion additive acts as a lubricating oil.
- Retention of oil can be readily verified by inspection agencies - a difficult task with other additives.
- Available in clear emulsion or with a brown colorant. DuraPine (Climbing Additive) Brown is also available for ACZA-treated poles